Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good Financial Articles

There are a  lot of good articels to read around the internet, and this week seemed to have a lot worth reading.  The following are a few I thought were interesting and worth sharing.  I don't always agree with everything on these websites, but I think the linked articles would be of benefit for our readers.

FP Magazine Daily - Men and women see retirement differently
Globe Investor Blog - The cost of bad habits
FP Wealthy Boomer - 20% betting that CPP, lotteries or inheritance will make up for failure to save in RRSPs
Globe Investor Blog - Many couples don’t share same retirement dreams
Macleans Magazine -Awash in a sea of debt- Oblivious to the risks, Canadians are piling on record debt loads
FP Wealthy Boomer - "I need $1 million to retire " and 5 other popular retirement theories that need a rethink

Each one of these articles deals with an important area of financial education.  I hope you enjoy them, and feel free to comment on this blog about books and articles that have helped you in your progress towards your financial goals.  Jerry

1 comment:

  1. Jerry, these are good articles, and the one on debt is pretty scary. The most interesting one is the cost of bad habits. I have never smoked, but I have wondered how those who do smoke can afford it. They don't make more money than me, but they are spending over $150/month on smokes. I have a friend who once told me he can always find money for smokes. It makes me wonder what he doesn't buy so he can pay for his addiction.

    ReplyDelete

We would like to hear from you. Please keep it clean.